Commissioners are district and council leaders who help Scout units succeed. They coach and consult with adult leaders of Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and Venturing crews. Commissioners help maintain the standards of the Boy Scouts of America.
Unit commissioners will focus on the following four primary areas:
- Support Unit Growth through Journey to Excellence.
- Link Unit needs to district operating committee resources.
- Renew Charter on time.
Unit Service Mission: “To help units serve more youth better through Scouting.”
MCC College of Commissioner Science
April 21, 2018 – Start planning for the College of Commissioner Science to be held at the VisTa Tech Center at Schoolcraft College in Livonia. Registration opens January 1, 2018 so mark your calendar! To prepare for the 2018 College of Commissioner Science, click HERE!
Already a Commissioner and looking for resources and support? These links provide information designed for Scouters (adult volunteers) who are active in our Commissioner Service program. If you are unfamiliar with Commissioner Service and would like more information on becoming one, please contact email@example.com.
National BSA Council Links
- National BSA Commissioners Website (includes information regarding):
- Journey to Excellence information
- Commissioner Manuals and Resources
- Commissioner Training
- Commissioner Recruitment and Retention
- Awards and Recognition
- Roundtable support
- Commissioner award and recognition
- Internet Charter Renewal
- National Commissioner Newsletter
- National BSA Commissioner Identity Products
Local Council Resources
- MCC Unit Recharter page – An online resource for our Michigan units
- Touchpoints – A monthly guide to Commissioner responsibilities