One of the required objectives for a unit to complete to be a bronze, silver or gold unit is to complete 2 or more service projects and enter the data in the service hours reporting system. The service projects can be almost anything that benefits a chartered organization or the community. Eagle Service projects count also. All troops are doing community service but may not be getting credit for it. Boy Scouts must complete community service to advance in rank for Tenderfoot through Life. These hours can be counted. The important thing is to be sure to log in to the Journey to Excellence site and report these hours frequently. We suggest you have your unit secretary do it quarterly or monthly so you are on a schedule. The site is located at: www.Scouting.org/JTE.
Not sure which council applies to you?
Districts of the President Ford Field Service Council
- Northern Trails District serving youth in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego Counties
- Bay Trails District serving youth in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties
- River Trails District serving youth in Benzie, Missaukee, Manistee, Osceola, and Wexford counties
- Five Rivers District serving youth in Montcalm, Mecosta, Ionia and Kent County Communities of Lowell, Sparta, Kent City and Cedar Springs
- Pere Marquette District serving youth in the Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Newaygo and Oceana counties
- Eagle Spirit District serving youth in Kent County and Barry County
- Lakeshore District serving youth in Ottawa County, Allegan County, Byron Center and Grandville
Districts of the Water and Woods Field Service Council
- Ojibway District serving youth in Saginaw county as well as the communities of Reese and Vassar in Tuscola county.
- Thumb District serving youth in Huron county and most of Tuscola county.
- Heartland District serving youth in Midland, Gladwin, Clare, Isabella and Gratiot counties.
- Thunderhead District serving youth in Alcona, Alpena, Iosco, Montmorency, Oscoda, Presque Isle, Roscommon, and Crawford counties.
- Shoreline District serving youth in Bay, Ogemaw, and Arenac counties.
- Blue Star District serving youth in Lapeer county, and serving youth in Davison, Lakeville, Beecher, Bentley, Clio, Flint, Flushing, Genesee, Kearsley, Mount Morris, and Westwood Heights School Districts.
- Rivers North District serving youth in the Atherton, Bendle, Carman-Ainsworth, Fenton, Goodrich, Grand Blanc, Lake Fenton, Linden, Montrose & Swartz Creek School Districts and Shiawassee county.
- Blue Water District serving youth in St. Clair and Sanilac counties.
- Chief Okemos District serving youth in Clinton, Eation and Ingham counties and the Portland School District in Ionia county.
Districts of the Southern Shores Field Service Council
- Lenawee, Hillsdale District serving youth in Lenawee County, Hillsdale County, and Eastern Calhoun County
- Three Fires District serving youth in Livingston County
- Running Waters District serving youth in Monroe County and the city of Flat Rock
- Huron Trails District serving youth in Washtenaw County
- Wabano District serving youth in Van Buren and Berrien County
- Pathfinder District serving youth in all of Kalamazoo and St. Joseph County
- Nottawa Trails District serving youth in Calhoun and Branch Counties
- Cascades District serving youth in Jackson County
Districts of the Great Lakes Field Service Council
- Chippewa District serving youth in the school districts of Anchor Bay, Armada, Avondale, Chippewa Valley, Clintondale, Lanse Cruse, Mt Clemens, New Haven, Richmond, Rochester, Romeo, and Utica
- Mahican District serving youth in the school districts of Allen Park, Crestwood, Dearborn, Dearborn Hts No. 7, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Gibraltar, Grosse Ile, Huron, Lincoln Park, Melvindale/North Allen Park, River Rouge, Riverview, Southgate, Taylor, Trenton, Westwood, Woodhaven, and Wyandotte covering the vast majority of the area known as Downriver
- North Star District serving youth in the Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Clawson, Troy, Lamphere, Royal Oak, and Madison School Districts and the Bloomfield Hills Stake (LDS)
- Ottawa District serving youth in the school districts of Farmington, Huron Valley, Northville, Novi, South Lyon, Walled Lake, and West Bloomfield
- Pontiac-Manito District serving youth in the school districts of Brandon, Clarkston, Holly, Lake Orion, Oxford, Pontiac, Waterford, and the Grand Blanc Stake (LDS)
- Renaissance District serving youth in the school districts of Detroit, Ferndale, Hamtramck, Hazel Park, Highland Park, Oak Park, and Southfield covering the entire city of Detroit
- Sunrise District serving youth in the school districts of Centerline, East Detroit, Fitzgerald, Fraser, Grosse Pointe, Harper Woods, Lakeshore, Lakeview, Roseville, South Lake, Van Dyke, Warren Consolidated, and Warren Woods
- Sunset District serving youth in the school districts of Clarenceville, Garden City, Inkster, Livonia, Plymouth/Canton, Redford, Romulus, South Redford, Van Buren, Wayne/Westland, and the Westland Stake (LDS)